UK LED Lighting Warranty
All UK LED Lighting products are built to a high quality and we do not expect failures as has been the case since the company’s inception in 2008. Quality control and testing is carried out at every stage of manufacture we are confident that UK LED Lighting products will operate as intended.
Should you experience a product failure, this should in the first instance be dealt with by contacting the supplier of your UK LED Lighting product, if they cannot resolve the matter then a UK LED Lighting representative should be contacted directly through the website – www.ukledlighting.com
This warranty is provided in addition to any statutory legal rights and details the terms under which claims can be made.
1. Length of Warranty
This warranty applies to all UK LED Lighting manufactured products for 2 years from the date of installation (or date of manufacture if the installation date is not known or verifiable.) A longer extended 5 year warranty may be offered at the discretion of UK LED Lighting if appropriate criteria are met.
Should a UK LED Lighting product fail to function within the warranty period, UK LED Lighting will on its sole discretion provide a replacement free of charge or repair defective components in accordance with the terms set out below. Purchasers shall bear the cost of removal and return of any product subject to a warranty claim and that of installing a replacement. Any other costs, including but not limited to replacement costs upon installation; costs caused from failures of the installation or other damages and/or consequential damages are not covered by this warranty.
Replacement products shall as far as possible match the specification of the original but may have superior performance
characteristics in line with ongoing product development.
3. Returns Policy
The purchaser making a warranty claim shall contact UK LED Lighting at the earliest opportunity to be provided with an address for return of the product. On receipt of returned product/s the validity of the claim will be checked. Proof of purchase may be required.
UK LED Lighting will conduct diagnostic examination of any defective or failed product to determine patterns of usage and cause of failure and reserve the right to be the sole judge as to whether a returned product is defective within the terms of this warranty.
4. Notes / Conditions of Warranty
This warranty applies only to defects in materials and workmanship and only where UK LED Lighting Products are properly handled, stored, installed, wired and maintained in accordance with the most recent published UK LED Lighting product usage guides, installation instructions, data sheets, and any applicable local electrical safety standards and wiring regulations.
(The most recent versions of UK LED Lighting product data is available from the website – www.ukledlighting.com) This warranty does not constitute any inference as to the suitability of any product for any purpose. In no event shall UK LED Lighting be liable for any other costs or damages including lost profits, incidental, special or consequential damages.
Warranty will not apply in the event of;
- Product damage due to abuse, unauthorised alteration or modification, accident, fire, flood, lightning, rodents, insects and negligence.
- Product installation by unqualified persons.
- Product modification, disassembly or attempted repair by non UK LED Lighting staff.
- Product installation or storage in ‘abnormal’ conditions or locations, including but not limited to those where:
– Ambient Temperatures are in excess of 65 Deg C.
– There is excessive humidity.
– Any product has been subjected to excessive mechanical stress, or physical damage.
– Inadequate heat sinking is provided for any unhoused ‘bare PCB’ type LED product.
– IP67 class luminaires are installed without adequate local drainage, or become immersed in water.
- Chemical contamination including sanitising products or damage from salt laden air.
- Damage from use of pressure washers or other mechanical cleaners.
- Unauthorised use of parts or accessories not manufactured by UK LED Lighting in conjunction with UK LED Lighting Products.
- ‘Constant Voltage’ (CV) UK LED Lighting Products are supplied with incorrect voltage.
- ‘Constant Current’ (CC UK LED Lighting Products are supplied with incorrect current.
- Incorrect layout, cutting and connection of wiring; intermittent or improper mains electrical supply.
- Product/s having damaged serial number, cable or Certificate labels.
- Product/s which have been installed more than once or have not been returned promptly and directly to UK LED Lighting Products for fault diagnosis and testing.
- Implied Terms5.1 Subject to sub-clause 5.2, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied is excluded.
5.2 Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation avoids or prohibits provisions in a contract excluding or modifying the application of or exercise of or liability under such condition or warranty, the condition or warranty shall be deemed to be included in this warranty. However the liability of UK LED Lighting for any breach of such condition or warranty shall be limited, at the option of UK LED Lighting, to the following:
If the breach relates to any UK LED Lighting Product:
(i) the replacement or the supply of equivalent UK LED Product;
(ii) repair of product (excluding costs of removal and installation);
(iii) payment of the cost of replacement or of acquiring equivalent product; or
(iv) payment of the cost of repair of product (excluding costs of removal and installation).